The best way to prevent clogging is to watch out for the things that you dumped into the drains. The best enemies include oil, human hairs, diapers, just to name a few. If you will only become mindful, you can prevent blocked drains from bothering your home. There are various ways to follow to prevent clogging as per advice of your ever reliable plumber:
• Before you wash your plates and pots, make it a habit to wipe off the excess grease. This is probably the worst enemy of the pipes and if the grease accumulates to a dangerous level, you will have an issue on blocked drains. The water will drain so slowly and in some worst case scenarios, it can even lead to indoor flooding. If that is already the case in your home, you need the help of the ever reliable plumber.
• Do not throw away your coffee grounds into the garbage sinister. You can prevent blocked drains if you will dispose of the coffee grounds in your garden as these can be used as organic fertilizers. You must also remember that the garbage disposals are designed in such a way that it can only take in light residues from the plates and pots. If you throw away something to the garbage disposal and it won’t drain properly, then you may already have some blocked drains issues. Better call your ever reliable plumber to fix your garbage disposal.
• Always use a drain gate. The small pieces of soaps and human hairs can be trapped and this can cause blockage. Go to your nearest hardware store and look for the perfect size of the drain gate. Remember that if you get the wrong size, the drain gate won’t be able to collect the small stuffs that can lead to blocked drains.
• The used diapers and sanitary napkins must be disposed of properly. Do not flush these objects as these will definitely lead to blockage.
• You can use kitchen ingredients to clean the drain and get rid of the residues. You can use boiling water, baking soda, vinegar, and lemon juice as organic and inexpensive solvent. These are proven to remove the crud buildup in the water pipes. Try this at home and see if the issue of blocked drains will be resolved. If not, then your best option is to look for your ever reliable blocked drains Sydney North Shore.